Monday 10 February 2014

Please Do Not Buy HDFC MediClaim They are Big Cheaters



A Medical Insurance is most needed in case of an Emergency and that is the reason why anybody takes one. We also took one Family Health Insurance Policy from HDFC Ergo, a So Called Very Famous Health Insurance arm of HDFC Bank dated 15 Dec 2012. The Biggest mistake  I made to switch from Tata AiG Health.

My Policy no. is 2825200389588301000 and my Cashless card no. is 2825200389588301000. The expiry date of my policy is 14th December 2014.

We faced an emergency situation on 03rd Feburary 2014 when my wife Mrs. Samira Surabhi Gupta suddenly had an acute stomach pain and had to be admitted at CHL Convienient Hospitals Ltd. , A B Road, Indore (contact no. - 0731-6622222). This hospital is one of the Network hospitals of HDFC Ergo. The doctors identified it as the problem of multiple stones in the Gall Bladder. I informed Third Party Administartors (TPA) and completed all the formalities.

On 04th Feburary 2014, the doctors decided to operate my wife. But, when I went to enquire about funds through TPA, they told me that HDFC Ergo has declined my claim saying that it is a new case of surgery and is not covered in the policy!!! I don't accept it as a valid reason as nothing was mentioned to me about all these things during the time I was taking the policy. Their agent never said anything that some diseases might not be covered under the policy ?

What do they cover then - Cough, Cold and fever?



I was in shock as I had to arrange for a heavy sum suddenly. I arranged the amount somehow and deposited in the hospital. Thankfully, my wife's operation was successful. All thanks to the doctors and the almighty.

But, she suffered a lot because of them. We were under a lot of mental stress just because I made a mistake of taking my Family Health Insurance from a faulty company like HDFC Ergo.

Now I have a question. Why did the HDFC Ergo agent not inform me about these things when he was running behind me to take the policy ?

At that time, he came across to me as an agent of a company which is the best in the world and never lets its policy holders' down? How come then when I needed them the most, they have shrugged off their hands?

They give big claims when they are chasing you to take the policy. The claims from HDFC Ergo to me were:

Optimum health insurance coverage at an affordable price
Option to cover on Individual or Family Floater basis
Option to choose health insurance plans from an annual or two year policy
Cumulative Bonus for each claim free year
Provides Cost of Health Check up after 4 claim free years
Cashless Claims Service across India at 4000+ network hospitals
No medical check-up upto 45 years of age
Income Tax Benefit under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
Hassle free claims Process with minimum documentation and turn around times
No Sub-limits on any disease, room rent, hospital charges and doctor fees.*

Nothing was mentioned anywhere that certain diseases will not be covered. I am
already nearing the maturity date of the policy and yet I am not eligible for the
benefits!!! I feel like I have been cheated by HDFC Ergo. I could have gone for
some other health insurance and not wasted my time and hard-earned money on them.

There are hundreds of good health insurer providers out there.

I want them to pay me back the amount which I deposited. I have all the required
documents but don't know how to proceed. Nobody in the HDFC Ergo is guiding me on this.

I request all those who have any idea how I should go about in this, please reply
back to me. I am a disgruntled customer and I know only customers like me will be able to guide me properly on this.

Also, I request all of you to never ever go for a HDFC ERGO FAMILY HEALTH POLICY.




HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha cheating,
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance complaints,
HDFC ERGO Customer Care,
HDFC ERGO Claim Form,
HDFC ERGO Mediclaim,
HDFC ERGO Careers,
HDFC ERGO GIC,
Genisys HDFC ERGO,


Please
Do Not Buy
HDFC MediClaim
They are Big Cheaters
Visit
http://Bank-Consumer-Protection-Group.blogspot.com



4 comments:

  1. Pls mark d mail care@hdfcergo.com along with your policy no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Lok Sabha 2014 Election

    As per On Line Votes
    Aap got 85% Votes
    BJP 13%
    Cong 1%
    Others 1%

    Planing to Join Aap

    You also Vote If You Like :-)

    Read Results ... ....

    http://aap-hi-aap.blogspot.ca/2014/02/3x3.html
    Please Vote and Support for Aap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have they mentioned the list of diseases that would be covered in this policy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Join India against HDFC to fight against these cheaters
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/India-against-HDFC/542941505819280

    ReplyDelete